Your cart is empty
NCGV will handle Intra-Familial Transfers when the firearm is being SHIPPED directly to us from out-of-state (P.C.16720). If the firearm has already been acquired by the new family member then they must complete the Intra-Familial Transfer Paper Form or complete online in CFARS and register directly with CA DOJ within 30 days (P.C. 27875).
These are the ONLY family relationships that qualify:
Intra-Familial Transfers are EXEMPT from the CA DOJ Handgun Roster.
Intra-Familial Transfers are EXEMPT from the One Handgun/Rifle Per 30 Day Limit.
NCGV Intra-Familial Transfer Process Overview:
1. You must ensure all firearms are legal to possess in CA and are in a CA compliant configuration.
2. Select and contact FFL where the firearm is being transferred from or the family member can ship it directly to NCGV.
3. Gather information & documents required to submit to NCGV for Intra-Familial Transfer Request.
4. Send your Intra-Familial Transfer Request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. We will review your request and if approved, send a copy of our FFL to the FFL you have chosen or will notify you if your family member is sending it directly.
6. We will notify you when your firearm has been received, inspected, and logged into our system.
7. Come into the store with all required documentation (see our blog on paperwork requirements in CA), pay your fees and start your registration paperwork!
Fees for Intra-Familial Transfers
Intra-Familial Transfer Fee
$100 per firearm
CA DOJ DROS Registration Fee
$37.19 per transaction, $10 for each additional firearm on same transaction